Independence Day Inventions

No work today means a full day in the kitchen.

The main meal of the day was Swiss Chard and Sweet Pea Manicotti and wow, it was excellent.  It was so good that it disappeared before I could get some action shots. 
To give credit, it was a Giada recipe, and a very good one.  

But the real star of the day was the carrot soup.  I've begun reading Mastering the Art of French Cooking and I decided to put Chapter 1: Soups to the test.
With my new found knowledge and newly purchased stick blender I gave this classic french soup a shot.   I went sans-recipe and simply augmented the technique for Potato-Leek soup to create my own Carrot-Shallot soup.

It turned out quite well and I have to say I'm loving this new Immersion Blender.








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this was absolute genius!