Field Trip

Last night we made the trip downtown to the Viking Cooking School.  I've been by the store before, but I've been hesitant to sign-up for a class.  Colleen and I finally took the plunge and went for a somewhat entry level course on Knife Skills.

Most of the cuts I was already familiar with but the instruction on deboning a chicken was worth the price of admission.  Me, being a born and bred suburbs brat, has never messed with raw chicken outside of the nice neat little packages of breast or tenders.  I'll admit when the full breast with skin on the bone was put in front of me, I was a little intimidated.  I made my way through it; admittedly, with a little help from Colleen.  

Though I don't plan to turn my kitchen into a slaughterhouse anytime soon; I will start trying this at home instead of buying the "chicken packets" every time.

Colleen with Chef Anne

No comments: