Broiled Orange Roughy

I've gotten into Broiling fish lately; it's a nice alternative to grilling.  Honestly, who wants to go sweat over a grill when it's 90+ degrees outside.
I use a sheet pan lined with foil and I place a rack on top to keep the fish elevated. (similar to this)

I've really been into Orange Roughy lately; if you haven't tried it you need to get in on this.  It has white flesh and doesn't have a fishy flavor that can be a turn-off for some.

I created a White Wine/Tomato Cream Sauce on top.  This one was a modification of a classic french sauce.  Yeah I'm still reading this.

The side dishes included Cream Potatoes as well as Braised Celery and Squash.





1 comment:

apayne said...

Colleen is one luckly lady to get to sample all these fine "fixins"! Everything looks delish. Last night I had the "pleasure" of eating Jason's step-mom's beef stew...well, there was no liquid in it when we ate it and I don't think throwing canned peas and carrots into a casserole dish with beef & cream of mushroom soup for five hours quite qualifies as gourmet. :)
...LOL, Annette