French Culinary Basics

While some people enjoy relaxing and eating cake on their birthday, I decided to get up early on a Saturday morning and head downtown for a 5 hour cooking class on French Culinary Basics.    Does that make me weird?   Nevermind I know the answer.

So this was my second class at the 
Viking Culinary School.  After getting 
my feet wet on Knife Skills, I decided
to step up the difficulty and went for 
the French Culinary Basics course.

The course instructor Brianna was 
outstanding.  She had worked for 
3 years at a Michelin 2 star restaurant 
in Paris, so yeah, she knew what she 
was doing in the kitchen.

We were lead in the preparation of Cheese Souffle',
Seafood Crepes, French Baguettes, Beef Bourguignon
and Apple Tart Tatin.

I learned a lot, got some great recipes and got to play with all the Viking toys in the process.
You'll definitely see some of these items popping up on the blog soon.


No comments: