Greek Pita & Tabbouleh

So I have to give props to my friend Jennifer for introducing me to Tabbouleh a few years back. It's a traditional Lebanese/Middle Eastern salad that I like to pair with my Greek Pita's.  
I love Greek food, but due to Colleen's decree that our kitchen be a lamb-free zone, Greek Pita's and Tabbouleh are as close as I get to real Greek food at home.

My recipe for Tabbouleh
is pretty traditional.  It has 
Bulgar Wheat with fresh 
chopped parsley, mint & 
chives; as well as, sweet 
grape tomatoes cut in half,
a lemon zested & juiced and 
some nice extra-virgin olive oil.


The Pita's are actually my invention.  Roast Chicken tossed with Greek Seasoning and sliced cucumber.  My "secret recipe" yogurt sauce consist of plain yogurt, more fresh chopped mint, another lemon zested and juiced, and a little sesame oil.


No comments: