Flank Steak Stir Fry


Stir fry is easy enough but I have a couple of tricks to take it out of the realm of the ordinary.

I like flank steak in my stir fry and my secret is I don't cook the steak in the pan/wok. I like to marinate my steak overnight in soy, lemon juice and worcestershire then grill it. I let it cool and slice it up before adding it to the veggies. You get a much better char and flavor from the grill you can't get from a pan.

Also, I like to cook my broccoli separate as well. I saute it then add a little broth and let it steam until done. This allows it to be cooked correctly and the steaming helps it maintain it's bright green color.

My last trick is one that makes it look great on a plate. One of the main differences in the 5 buck chinese buffet down the street and $15 an entree Asian joint with the Feng Shui decore is presentation. To make it look a little better stuff your serving of rice inside a ramekin and then invert it onto a plate. Remove the ramekin and you have a nice mound of rice that is not all over the plate.

1 comment:

Chef Dennis Littley said...

great looking stir fry! yours looks everybit as good as any I have ever seen at a chinese restaurant!